Thursday, October 06, 2005

only the lonely....dum dum dum doo wee doo waa

I miss my friends. I miss Adam. I miss Lor. I miss Justin (though I'll see him today). I miss AP. I miss Dutchie. I miss Jer. I miss my bro Jamie. I miss Donny Gilmore. I miss "weiner".

I know I have tons of friends here, but none of which do I share a deep history. I see those that I care about and that care about me, and I thank the Father I have them in my life. But I still long for the share history I have with some of my old college friends. We've been through much of out life and development together.

I guess I'm sad. bugs be that I am, since I have great people surrounding me right now. But this is how I feel.

...missing you...

Jason DeRoche

4 Comments:

Blogger hh said...

I'm glad to hear? see you post your feelings on relationships, which you have been pining for. I, too, have longed for the return into my life of "old friends". It seems almost a waste that they are no longer in my life. I mean we have been through so much together. It's been a repeated story in my life that I have difficulty letting go.

Probably most importantly, I long for the human species, as a collective, to acknowledge our human pasts and to share in these things together.

That I long for my very personal friendships I have had in the past, I think, is just a reflection of a subconscious collective need to maintain relationships and to share in our pasts because it is necessary to our survival, in virtue of our natures.

Again, glad you shared your longing. Self-expression, in general, and of feelings is ever important.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Lor & Josh said...

missing you too Jay. why can't we all just live in a Christian commune together? you could mop the floors, i could make the coffee, and your friends that i don't know well could scrub the toilets. deal? I share in pining for that heart history with friends. you and judy are special people to me and i love and miss you both. profusely.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Heather Durkee said...

Adam says "Awe..." We miss you both and we totally understand. We love everyone here and have many close friends. But your right...there's something about having deep history with people that just doesn't make those friendships the same.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je t'aime toi, et ton femme.
T'is the season, I share your longing for friendships of old.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home