Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ministry to the under-age

Monday we went to the weekly softball game in Ferrysburg. I’m not a big fan of watching softball, I’d rather play, but such is life. Wally “The Big Ticket” Harrison went yard, so that was sweet to see. But here’s what really went down in the + side of things.

I met someone new. I thought her name was Nataleigh, but she promptly, with disgust, corrected me that her names wasn’t Nataleigh, it was Brooke (Nataleigh’s younger, but very look-a-like sister).

For the next hour and a half, I was blessed to spend time with Brooke, getting to know her two best friends, Tigger and Scooby doo…turns out Scooby has a dry tongue, and Tigger is a player. But it was great. I got up the next morning and was hit with the realization that I had been given the opportunity to BE THE CHURCH to a 4 year old. I know it’s possible to minister to children, there’s no doubt in my mind, but hanging with Brooke at the game made me realize that ministry to kids can and will happen everywhere, just like it does with adults. If you meet a teen or adult in the coffee shop and you sit and talk with them, ministry can happen. So why can’t it happen with kids. They are people too and just as important to the cause of Christ.

Anyway, old truth, new revelation.

Roach out.

3 Comments:

Blogger C-Man said...

oh yeah. so glad you are back in west michigan!!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I like it! Good job, Jason! We can minister anywhere to anyone if we make ourselves available.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

yeah, what the jew said! :)

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home