Monday, September 05, 2005

Living True Life

I don't know what it is, but there has been an increasing sensitivity to how people are living life around me. I've noticed how different people act and how they are either guarded or free depending who is in their presence. The same rings true for me.

So are we practicing what we are preaching.

Watermark is all about living life together and sharing life with one another. But is seems that at least in my life, I'm living a comfortable vision of this. I seem to be gravitating with the easy relationships. The ones what aren't so draining. I noticed the other day when I spent some time with someone who I am just getting to know, who is draining emotionally. I felt like my time was wasted and that I didn't get anything from my time with this person. How selfish is that? "What's in it for me"

What good is my life, if all I do with my time is gravitate to those who love me, to those who will not drain me...what good is it. I love my friends, and I want to spend uber amount of time laughing and living it up. But once that circle closes so that I'm no longer invinting NEW people into my life, even those I JUDGE to be difficult or draining, than my life is being wasted. I have become a pharisee (if oyu don't know what that is, it's pretty much a lazy hypocrite)

So two options:

#1 - don't change, stay confortable with the friends I have sitting around complaining about the people that piss me off....

OR

#2 - basically love others like God loves me. Straight and Simple.

4 Comments:

Blogger C-Man said...

dude, are you back in the blogging game??

get to see ya back!!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Lor & Josh said...

Hey Jay,

i love your honesty. God is stirring up life in you and it's spilling out into your relationships. be challenged, remember it's a journey, and keep blogging for others of us to learn!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Billings said...

Man that is some good stuff man! Glad to hear that I am not the only one being challenged in my way of thinking!!

12:09 AM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

I agree with choice #2. Unfortunately loving God and people isn't always as simple as we'd like.

I know you knew that.

don't call me Veronica.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home