Thursday, May 26, 2005

Sick & Waiting

So we’re still in New Brunswick. Having a good time with the fam and slowly getting my research paper done. We were in contact with the lawyer last week and had some things to work out, and got those done, and now we still wait for him to tell us we can cross the border. In any case, we won’t leave NB until Monday, which could place us in Michigan as early as Wednesday, but it may be longer than that…

Part of me is frustrated with having to put everything on hold, and having to wait on other people to make a step in our own lives. At times I ask God why, and get irritated when I don’t get a reason. But that’s the other side to the issue. I was reading in Brennan Manning’s book The Signature of Jesus and he drew a picture which made me reflect. I starting thinking that there is always a plan with God. I remember a month or so ago I had left for a weekend trip, and once I was an hour away, I realized that I left my ID at home and needed it to cross the border, so I had to drive back home, which meant an extra 2 hours of driving. I was frustrated, but turned out being able to pick up a hitchhiker who was seeking the Lord, and we had a great talk…wouldn’t of happened if I hadn’t been delayed. So in light of sitting here, I can’t help but think something has to happen for us to be released to leave. I don’t know what it is, but with God, it’s always a good reason, with kingdom implications.

So we wait. PLUS I’m sick. It hit me yesterday, sneezing & coughing…it sucks.

Back to work…man I’m really resenting this assignment

Roach out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home