Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Wilson Phillips taught me to hold on...for one more day

It is now June 1st, and I am holding on. Still in New Brunswick, still not done my last homework assignment (and not motivated at all to work on it),& still unsure of my weight.

But, hold on for one more day...

Some great things have happened in the time of my delay here. My dad got a great job. He hasn’t worked for two years, so it’s been added stress on my family. In that two year span, he became a licensed mechanic and has waited for a job to come. Two weeks ago, when Judes and I landed home, he and I started working on resumes, cover letters and looking for jobs for him. Well, this past Monday he went to town to apply for this one job, and by totally divine appointment, he walked into another garage to talk to a guy and the phone rang. It was a different garage looking for a mechanic, so dad drove over, had an interview, and the rest is history. He’s now working a very full week, at a great garage with good, honest people. So for the last few days, we’ve been walking in a jubilant sense of blessing. So I’m grateful to have been here to pray for this and to see it happen.

This Friday by brother is coming for the weekend. Part of me hopes that today we’ll get the call from the lawyer telling us we’re ready to go, and if so, we’ll leave tomorrow...but then again, it would be great to see my brother one more time.

Today, Judes and I are farmer Jack & farmer Jane (I’m farmer Jack). Since dad is working, we’re going to plant our garden with potatoes, corn, yellow beans, etc... or as we call them here: patate, ble d’inde, cos, etc...

Well, As Wilson Phillips in their only hit song told us in their abundance of wisdom...hold on for one more day...

Roach out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I know that there is pain, but you hold on for one more day, and you break free from the chains. Someday somebody's gonna make you turn around and say goodbye. Until then baby are you gonna let them hold you down and make you cry?

Rock the scales, brutha! Do you have any idea what poundage your at currently? Because you could always figure that if you can lose 2-3 pounds per week, how many weeks it'll take to start registering on your scale. Just a thought.

BTW, back when I was in Auburn Hills, we went through a huge process trying to hire an Indian lady as the church's administrator. The INS (Nebraska office) did an incredible job of tying up her R2 visa for like a year. And we didn't feel like our lawyer was all that helpful either. And you never know if the INS office has a chip on its shoulder towards Canadians... they do that racial profiling you know. So, patience and prayer. Or you could just swim across the Detroit river. Either way.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

I was going to write all the lyrics out but I didn't want anyone to know that I was a Wilson PHillips fan...thanks for setting me free Steve..

Poundage...well I WAS at 355, so I could be anywhere from 330 to 355 right now...I'm getting an old school scale that they use to weigh cattle on...kidding..but we are getting an analog scale that's will record a heavier weight...2-3 lbs a week is the goal

as for the INS..I thought something was fishy when they asked what colour my skin was and if I spoke any other language than "american"...hmmmm

I won't have to swim..I could just float...

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home