Sunday, May 29, 2005

Week 2…

So the 100lbs Challenge continues. I still don’t know if I’m losing weight,, staying the same, or gaining. It’s hard to tell. The scale is of no use since it stops reading past 330. I tried my grandma’s scale, but my weight jams the needle so it stops moving…it’s quite funny when you think about it. It’s like the scale is telling me: “Do you really need me to tell you that you could lose a few?”

But I feel a bit better. I feel like I’ve lost a bit, but it’s hard to tell. I found out I’m allergic to wheat. And come to find out, EVERYTHING has wheat in it. From bread to wieners. Anything that requires a filler or a substance to stick it together, it has wheat. So we’ve been eating low-wheat or no-wheat products. It’s hard. I grew up with home made bread and pasta, both of which are places where wheat comes to vacation it’s so full of it. The great thing about my allergy is how I react. I don’t get sick, or break out in a rash…I grow! Yup, I get all bloated. My belly sticks out like I just went through 2 trimesters of pregnancy. Ok, bad example, but it’s the truth. So, now the diet consists of low sugar (carb), low fat (goodbye bacon, my good friend), and low/no wheat. So that leaves broccoli and carrots. And oh yeah, water and air too.

I guess this is the consequence for poor stewardship of my body. Oh well. I hope it’ll be easier once I get to GH. Being home and surrounded by all this food with not much to do but eat is tough. I need stuff to do and places to go.

That’s the update…sorry it’s so anti-climactic (or anti-clamizzle).

Roach out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate Patterson said...

This sounds like the same thing my sister has.... she went to a naturalist and got some special diet thing... cause she is alergic to glutin in foods...anyways I will keep ya in my prayers... until next time enjoy the carrots and air my friend! :D

11:43 PM  
Blogger linda lemons said...

hey jason - i have the same problem - its a pain at times, but i can tell you that you will definitely slim down by taking it out of your diet - look for things made with amaranth, rice cakes etc - sounds awful at first, but you get used to them! (btw, this is tiff's mom)

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home