Friday, March 04, 2005

Spring Break

“Praise God from whom all blessings flow” The Bible College Student’s spring break theme song.
This week the Judster and I are house-sitting/babysitting for a professor of mine. They have a 4 & 6 year old boys. We are looking forward to this trial run of our parenting skills. It should be interesting. We’ve already realized that I am very direct in dealing with “crisis” situations and Judy is much more patient and gentle, waiting for them to settle the problem.

Another sweet thing about spring break is I now have a chance to get ahead in some work, and read some great books. Some key readings this week will be (due to a generous gift from N8) A new Kind of Christian (Brian McClaren), Buck Naked Faith (Eric Sandras) and some others like The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus (Brennan Manning). I can’t wait. Tomorrow (Saturday) I’m taking my own advance (or for the purist, retreat) by going away to Moncton, seeing an old friend, and spending most of the day at Chapters (the Canadian version of Barnes & Noble) drinking Starbucks coffee and soaking in Truth. Man I’m excited.

To those who know The Gov., let him know that I am going to do something to daily feed my soul. Gotta love Gov-anisms.
Reading, relaxing, and rejuvenating:
Roach out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home