Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A pure God residing in tarnished flesh

by: Delarocha

A friend of mine and a great preacher, AJ Plazier, preached this past week in Encounter (student led service) on Self Control (I’ve always had a problem with the word “self”, as if it has to do with us.) Anyway, long story short, one of the major points he made was how self control comes from by the Spirit residing in us. It is by his empowering of us that we can be “self-controlled.” Powerful truth that we all may know - but rarely live out. That’s the Truth that hit me immediately, but here’s what has come out of his message since then.
The Holy Spirit is a pure God residing in a tarnished flesh. Indwelling the believer, is the Holy, perfect, pure God. In the midst of self, sin and flesh, resides not only the essence of God, but God himself, in the person of the Holy Spirit. How can that concept not blow your mind? We, the Temple, are host to God: The Holy Spirit. And to think that he chooses to stay even though the house leaves something to be desired. Even though my mind is not pure, and my heart is not fully bent towards the Father’s will – he still chooses to stay. Why? Because he loves me. That’s it. Only because he loves me and desires to see the work that Christ has begun to its completion. All out of pure, perfect love.

Boiled down: The Holy Spirit has humbled himself to live in what is contrary to himself: The Holy lives with the unholy. There is nothing that makes less sense than that, yet nothing that brings more hope.

I can’t imagine what sacrifice I can make that would be equivalent to his. I guess surrender of control would be a good start.
Roach out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Arkay said...

Dude..that is inspiring and powerful..once again Roach has opened my eyes and taught me yet another thng that buckles my knees and makes me shudder.
I thank you again for sharing.
Peace Out

7:06 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

What a great artist you are Roach!!! I'm honored to be your wife!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home