Friday, February 18, 2005

Remnants of brokenness

We talked about gages last night in our Triad (which really was a Bi-ad last night. Is that a word??). Anyway, we talked about taking our spiritual pulse, and how can we possibly gage how we’re doing spiritually. We’ve been talking a lot about brokenness and surrender, as the ultimate end to our lives: to be wholly surrendered to the Father. But, if we as humans can only see the outer man, who can judge the inner man but the creator? What outer manifestation of the inner man is a accurate gage of the state of our hearts? The answer, I think, is love. Do I love?
If I am wholly surrendered (which means I have been completely broken) then I freely love all, unconditionally and unashamedly. That is the gage. Are there people that I do not love? Are there people that I just can’t stand to be around, that have hurt me and I can’t bear to be near them; that my blood boils when they talk? Well yes. Yes, there are people that I avoid, that I refuse, or am unable, to extend mercy and grace to.
Does that gage make me a hopeless case, by no means! But it does mean that must continue to seek His face, and continue to live in a state of need of his grace and presence. It means that I am not yet broken, but still being broken. The remnants of brokenness is love, perfect love.
Roach out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home