Friday, October 21, 2005

John 1:6-8 + Isa 55:8-9 = catalyst for change

“There once was a man, his name John, sent by God to point out the way to the Life-Light. He came to show everyone where to look, who to believe in. John was not himself the Light, he was there to show the way to the Light.” (John 1:6-8)

I am not myself the Light, I am here to show the way to the Light. Why does this speak to me? I admittedly think that I am the light, at times, maybe more often that I care to know. People can’t see what I see and can’t see it from my point of view…but why is it MY vision and MY point of view. Should I not be putting my efforts towards helping people see what God sees and seeing his point of view. Would His not be better than mine.

“I don’t think the way you think. The way you work isn’t the way I work… For as the sky soars high above the earth, so the way I work surpasses that way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.” (Isaiah 55:8-9)

I think I get so frustrated with others because I am wholly convinced that I have grabbed hold of God’s vision, that I have made it my own, and that I have set my life on a path to accomplish it’s goal. The problem with that is that God’s vision hasn’t gotten a hold of me, I haven’t surrendered to it and I have not allow it to set my life path.

The reality is that I am not God. Duh right? But my life reflects that I am at least equivalent to him. Since I rely on my vision which far surpasses other’s.

“Trust in me. That’s all I ask.” This is God’s message…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There!
Jason,
I think that it is human nature to be with those that accept us , love us.There are so many people that play the game " poor me" and it does take time to be able to disern who is opened to change and who is looking for a new bucket to cry in to ! Yes He wants us to spread The Word to those that are in so much need yet you have to find a balence so you do not get sucked dry emotionaly or spiritualy.
When that happens you can not do the work that He has set out for "you" to complete.Make sure that you are do not get so caught up in the "forest" that you loose sight of the "Tree"
God has called you.You heard Him. When you are feeling so out of focus remember how far He has Brought you.How many blessing He has poured over you Focus on the goodness of Him not the "badness" of you
Love you and miss you both.
Take care bye Brenda B

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home