Monday, February 06, 2006

middle schoolers & Jesus

I'm sitting here in the local coffee shop, thinking about tonight. I get to share with middle schoolers part of my journey in ridding myself of my junk, of the stuff that hinders relationship & community. I can't help but think of those that don't have a connection with Christ, or that Moto is their only view into his world. Or even those who have full functionning "christian" families and have every opportunity to deepen their walk, but just have no reason to. It breaks my heart. It makes we want to do more, it makes me what to say more, it makes me want to pray "God, make them want you."

But then I realize how absurd that last prayer is, in the realm of our free will. I just want them to grab hold of freedom with both hands and never let go.

For those who read this, I ask, pray tonight. Not just for me, but for the students. I really want them to see Jesus tonight. Any way possible.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon chance. Je comprends, ca c'est mon prière chaque semaine pour mes enfants.

<3

Comment tu dit "beware instant death" en francais? :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Erskine said...

I agree with Dani, and I, too, have prayed this prayer for the kids I work with every day. (I know she said each week, but you know....) Roach, the prayer may be absurd technically, but surely God's grace can get that strong for at least one of them? (I'm not sure if that's true, but I desperately pray for it to come true. My heart breaks with the people who refuse Him.)

8:15 AM  
Blogger me said...

wow. I wish I had a youth leader that prayed that over me.
sad to say its only been in the last month or two that I've truly grasped the freedom thats available.
Christian parents don't equal Christian children unless they intentionally raise children and Christians....
merci.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home