Thursday, December 29, 2005

kicking it old school



In late January, I'll be playing some basketball. So of course I needed some hi-tops. So these are the sweet ones I just bought. But there's a story behind it. It's not that interesting...but whatever...

When I was in high school, (junior high to be exact), I joined the B-ball team, and got these sneaks, mostly because they were the cheapest hi-tops you could buy. COnverse was still the only company who didn't jump on the Nike 4 million dollar shoe bandwagon. So I started to really like these. There were no air systems or pumps to break down. They were the last of a straight up basketball shoe era. But sadly, soon after by sophomore year, we couldn't buy these Converse hi-tops anymore, because they jumped up to 100 bucks a pair. So we lived on the cheap-o's which fell apart in no time.
So while browsing with Wally on the web for shoes, we skimed by efootwear and found these puppies at old school prices. $40- can you beleive it.

Ok so I'm too excited about sneakers (yes in Canada we don't call them b-ball shoes, we call them sneakers). But not only do I get my fav shoe of all time, but I get them at a great price.

That's all. I warned you that it wasn't that interesting

If only these shoes could help my game...

2 Comments:

Blogger Arkay said...

Dude...I know exactly how you feel. I was playing wallyball at the YMCA and needed a pair of sneakers that supported my weak ankles..I toobrowsed the website and found....a brand new pair of leather Chuck Taylors for 25 bucks...they don't even make those anymore. I feel you man...I feel you. Congrats on your find and may you have a Happy New Year!!
P.S. this message was sent to you and you alone and not forwarded by RKDrumdude..have a nice day, and a pleasant tomorrow.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Lor & Josh said...

sweet sneaks Jay. very proud of you stepping on to the court again. try not to, ya know, charge the wind out of any more six foot girls, k? ;)

I've been thinking about you and judy this week. how ya's doing? where did ya go for Christmas? I need to call you two soon! Happy N.Y. friend!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home