Monday, December 19, 2005

blockin' the shot

for those hockey afficionado, you'll appreciate this. I took a puck off the top of the foot last night. It killed. But I blocked the shot. I think the worst part is that Judy didn't see it. I think it's funny how my ego works. I didn't block to shot to impress her to to get praise, but when she didn't experience it, I was kind of perturbed. I guess I wanted her to see my macho-reckless-put the team first before my own safety- way of play. Although, she hates that. final score was 6-0...not for us. I got very frustrated when we had several two on ones, where the puck carrier (the same guy every time) got greedy and wouldn't pass it. and of course we didn't get a shot even.

ok enough ramblin'... sometimes Hockey is like life & ministry to me. I can get so frustrated and so ego centric, thinking I could do better and think to myself, why do I do this...but the truth is I love it. and I return to it because I love it. It's a part of me. It's who I am.

I'm really starting to see who Jason is, and I think I like him, all 300+lbs of him..heh heh

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Perry said...

nicely done. keep blocking the shots... leafs could use the heart.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I like Jason too.

I also love watching you play, even when I don't catch all of your awesome saves and other such "macho-reckless-put the team first before my own safety- way of play"

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deroche.

Anita Stephens here. Just thought I would pop a note in to say hello. I was checking out a friends blog and I came across yours. Hope all is well.

PS: If you don't remember me (Chris Stephens' sister, we met at BBC) =) ha ha.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home