Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Ginormagantuous

good word...heard it the other night...it means big, real big. No point to that.

had a good talk with a great friend the other night. A.P. called and man was it good to hear his voice...very encouraging guy he is. he'll be the next goofy looking guy pictured on the back of the next great thology book. You go A.P.

Talking to him reminded me of something that happened Monday night. Backgroud: Sunday night a bunch of friends from watermark came to see me play hockey. Anyway, on Monday Ryder Smith came up to me and said that he was "amazed at how fast I could run on my skates." Keep in mind he has no basis for comparisons at how fast is fast, but still, my ego got a boost. but it got me to thinking. Who ever said kids should be seen and not heard, should be seen and shot. there was such a pure motive in Ryder's words and it made the encouragement so sweet and meaningful. Here's the point: we need to empowerer kids to be more like themselves. This kid has a gift, and he's being enabled to use it, and because of it, the body (being me in theis case) is edified. So many kids are told to be quiet or "to behave" (which is absurd to begin with, because they're kids they should act like kids).

If you have kids, encourage them to use their gifts and whatever you do, don't be a catalyst for snuffing the pure hearted child's unique role in life. I think the word is "Woe" to us who discourage a child.

take it or leave it. it's what I feel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Arkay said...

I'll take it if you will when you have 5 baby roaches!!lol

6:42 PM  
Blogger Aaron Perry said...

haha....arkay may have a point. but this is a good blog, nonetheless ;) thanks for the encouragement passed my way, too.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Heather Durkee said...

1. Adam would love the word.
2. I see children being forced to be adults daily. Adults get so upset with children when the have a headache and they want them to be quiet. But they are learning socialation. I have had some great conversations with children if you just listen to them. My younger sister grew up too quick and I would hate to see that happen to children today. We can still have structure and let them be children.

Even though I don't have children, I have 16 of my own in my class. I buckle all 16 in car seats and spend 8 hours a day with them. So I have a little taste.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home