Monday, May 23, 2005

Week 1

Ok, so my management skills leave something to be desired. I started the 100lb challenge the day before my birthday (since I forgot it was my B-day) and the end of this week was not only my dad's b-day, but the wife and I's 1st anniversary (send you cash gift too....). So much cake and eating out plus sleeping equal zero pounds loss..I think...actually I don't know how much weight I have gained or lost since my parent's scale only goes to 340lbs, and since I surpass that monstrous total, I have to get a analog scaled that just goes around and around, and it my case, around one more time.... but at least we're having fun with it...I'm really positive about all of this. Tonight I talked to the Gov and he's going to whip me in shape. he and I will work out together or he'll beat me with his massive guns.

Anyway, a lot has happened this week. We had some bad news from immigration, but it's getting worked out, and we got some incredi-news of Uber-blessing proportions. This past semester Judy and I needed funds to go to school and live. So my parents (who have great credit do the responsibility gene that has skipped my generation) decided that they would take out a student line of credit for us to help us out. Well in doing that, they took out enough to cover the payments on our notebook, my former line of credit to pay for last year's tuition, and a few bills here and there that were looming over us from last year. A total of $18,000 was taken out, and most of it was spent. Well today, as Judy and I sat down with them to tell then how we planned on paying the back, and how we were going to get the money from the US to Canada, Dad interrupts me and says, quite frankly "well, we've been talking about this for about three months now, and you mom (actually, it's mum) and I have decided, that as your anniversay and graduation gift, we would give you that loan. We want to invest in your life in ministry."

No WAY!

You need to understand that my parents are NOT well off. We are simple country folk. My dad hasn't worked steading in a while and though my mom has a good job, we get by, and that's it.
I need to tell everyone: my parents are THE most self-sacrificing people I know of. Their faith in Christ's providence for them supercedes everything...they are fearless chidlren of the father.

So anyway, we have $18,000 less to think about when paying off our student loans and such. Talk about God showing off his love and providence or WHAT!

Man, what a God I serve...
Roach out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home