Wednesday, April 27, 2005

prep, props, joy and sadness

Graduation prep is tomorrow and Friday is the day. Then a weeklong intensive seminar on James…and then done!

I feel the end coming soon, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Part of me is anxious to be done, spend some time with the family (mine & Judy’s) and then move on to our first appointment of service. But part of me is mourning. Despite all the things that I have resented about my time here at BBC, all of my experiences, both good and bad, have formed or been a catalyst for who I am today: and for that I praise God. There are some great relationships that have been formed in my time here:

PROPS

My first year I was befriended & mentored by Rumple & Pervis (nicknames); AP who was around for 2 years…still a great influence in my life and a dedicated leafs fan (Go Leafs Go)

My second year I was blessed with who I now considered one of my best friends, Adam Durkee. He has been a source of encouragement and an example in my life, then and now - Judy & I started dating then too; Met Nierer who is a true honest friend, whom I value dearly (can’t wait to me in MI close to him) and Jeremiah who is a source of wisdom and leadership.

Third year I met Dutchie (you will be missed) and had a great roommate (Don Gilmore). What a year of blessing and hope; The Mexican spoke words of wisdom in my life and let me test the potency of his heart medication several times (do you remember the times?) And of course my nizzle Aza Butcher…Sista you are the real thing.

Fourth year: internship @ Watermark (the transformation and beginning of the journey) and marriage to Judy (the beginning of a great thing); now in my last semester I’ve made new acquaintances: Stallion has been a good source of balance and level headedness in my life; Weiner (best nickname EVER!) has been a great friend and been fun. He has so much potential (and is realizing it now); Missy G. soon to be Missy Nierer has been a blessing to bounce these obscure/abstract new thoughts about life and Christianity off of.

There are many more than have impacted my life, but these are those who are coming to mind now. The thought of never seeing these people again saddens me. I pray that our paths cross many times again.

It’s strange, but at this moment, I feel an incredible sense of peace and joy that I am a blessed man. “And these God-chosen lives all around – what splendid friends they make.” (Psalm 16 – Message)

With tears
Roach out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Thanks for teaching me to play chess in the caf that first year, Roach. I'm still terrible at it, but knowing how to play comes in handy. Congrats on graduating.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Heather Durkee said...

BBC days are simply the best. I am sad that I won't see everyone graduate, but I am doing good things here in NY. My husband is the most amazing person I have ever met and I am glad that you both are buddy buddy. Take care of him while I am not there! Enjoy grad...it goes really fast!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Aaron Perry said...

graduation is one of the best and most introspective days of my life. grieve your time leaving and do be ashamed of that. bethany is like a church in many ways....the good and bad.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Arkay said...

Travel towards the light.. and happy graduation!!

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home