Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus

I'm reading this book by Brennan Manning (see title). It's been over a month since I've done any reading to feed my soul, but today, after my first exam, I decided to pick this one up and read some. Here's a quote that really impacted me:

"His [God's] love is gratuitous in a way that defies our imagination. It is for this reason that we can proclaim with theological certainty in the power of the Word: God loves you as you are and not as you should be! Do you believe this? That God loves you beyond worthiness and unworthiness, beyond fidelity and infidelity, that Heloves you in the morning sun and the evening rain, that He loves you without caution, regret, boundary, limit or breaking point?”

I can't explain how much this further frees me. When I think of Ephesians 3 and how deep, wide, long and high God's love is, it defies my imagination. or to think that God loves me as I am, and not as I think I need to be. It frees me to love him...to not feel like I need to earn it or somehow my life doesn't disappoint him...he loves me without "caution, regret, boundary, limit or breaking point"....that's awe-inspiring.

Hope this frees you to,
Roach out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quote...its speaking to me right now :)

shyle

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home