Saturday, April 16, 2005

Revelatory freedom

Have you ever had a revelation that brought you to a new level of freedom. Freedom to live & love God for deeply. Well today, while taking a shower (funny how most revelations come in the bathroom) I was hit with a some info that really motivated me to push through what was presently frustrating me.

This past week has been tough. I have one paper left: Doctrine of Holiness - A Wesleyan view of Entire Sanctification. Tough topic in the sense that I really need to nail it down in 1000 words (which is NOT alot) So all week I've fought the idea that I need to do this...why do I need to learn this. I understand holiness and can apply it to my life. So I didn't want to learn anymore of this high density theological I need my doctorate to explain stuff.

So back to the shower...I started to think about how I am a relational person, and how all I want to do is build relationships and live life with people, going through this journey together. then I recalled a conversation that I had with someone who isn't wired to be administrative. He told me that he found that he didn't hate doing admin stuff when he looked at it from the side of doing it for the purpose of relationship. it freed him to be relational and helped him develop more with people who were wired that way. Then God hit me with it: There is a purpose for you learning this "high density theological I need my doctorate to explain stuff", it's so I can be all things to all people. It's so I can build relationships with people who are wired that way...who are intellectuals and want to talk about this kind of theological dense stuff. In an instant I was freed from my frustration and had a new desired to really nail this paper and learn all I could.

Can anyone relate? I feel like rejoicing. I can't explain how much this revelation has freed me to press on.
Roach out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home