Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Humanity of Christ

Tonight was a good night. I had the blessing of teaching tonight about the humanity of Christ. The average age of the attending: 65. But it was great.

I love looking at Jesus's humanity. I think we have done a great job of divinizing Christ, and rightfully so, he is God. But I think we miss the other part of his nature. He was also fully man. He hurt, he cried, he got splinters, stubbed his toe, got angry, sad, lonely, he questionned God and doutbted. I find so much freedom when looking at the humanity of Christ. He was free to be human, to be real. It takes so much pressure of me, pressure and condemnation I heap on myself and I receive from "the church." It's not the life God intented, to live under the pressure of trying to be something that appears to be holy and righteous. I am free to be me, and that person is a child of the Father, a friend of the Son and a yielder to the Spirit.

Man what a life.
Roach out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home