Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Drying up!

My gages are drying up. I remember a while back, Mr. Deurty posted something about he going through cycles...well this is my cycle. every end of the year, I get overwhelmed and my gages get low. First my physical gage has been dead for some time. Last weekend, with all the reading and this flu I have, drained my energy, and I can’t seem to get it back. Now, since have so much school work to do, I feel like I never leave my office, my spiritual gage is low cause whatever time I spent with God is short and not so sweet. I feel bad for giving him sloppy seconds. And since those are low, my emotional gage is all but not, and any time I try to give Judy is spent thinking about the work I could be getting done… all that to say I feel spent. Right now I’m writing a paper (rather large one) on a subject that I am very passionate about for a professor who either won’t read it, or will read it with half a brain and miss the point. What’s the use!

This, my friends, is a rant. Right now Judy’s gone out to get some comfort food (don’t tell Dr. Phil) and I’m making a good ol’ cup-a-joe (Elk Lake Talk).

I can’t wait for this semester to be done so I can spend time reading books and thinking about stuff that feeds my soul rather than perpetuating this modern institution who is stuck glorifying the past rather than working to preserve the future.

Ok done.

Roach out.

2 Comments:

Blogger C-Man said...

dude, i am calling Oprah right now.

ok maybe not.

i do not know what that strain of flu virus is going around, but it is awful......

7:22 AM  
Blogger Heather Durkee said...

Senior-itis, flu, and collateral reading. That sucks. But on the other hand, you are almost done!!!! Hang in there.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home