Monday, March 28, 2005

Psalm 16

In light of this past weekend, and the quote I made in the last post (“I’m so glad that Jesus died so I could have a long weekend”).

After I had that thought, that this whole weekend was all about me and me getting a break so I could get ahead in my school work, I felt the deepest sense of conviction. At a time when even those who do not claim to be part of the Community of Faith, are reminded that of Christ and his sacrifice, that I can be so irreverent and selfish and only think of me.

This morning I sat here reading Psalm 16 and here’s what it says:

“Keep me safe, O God, I’ve run for dear life to you.
I say to God, “Be my Lord!” Without you, nothing makes sense.

And these God-chosen lives
all around – what splendid friends they make!

[...]

My choice is you, God, first and only.
And now I find I’m your choice!

[...]

I’m happy from the inside out, and from
the outside in, I’m firmly formed.
You canceled my ticket to hell – that’s not my destination."

This is my prayer, this is my song.
Roach out.

1 Comments:

Blogger C-Man said...

Yeah!
This is my story; this is my song.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home