Thursday, March 24, 2005

Frustration

For those of you from Michigan: West Side, you’ll understand my plight.

My laptop is cracked again. This is officially the 5th laptop I’ve had to return. It’s just a tad bit frustrating. Fortunately we have an extended warranty, and the damage is covered… but I’m slightly discouraged with the quality of product that I have been sold. Allow me to give you a history of Roach Laptop’s:

Laptop #1: IBM thinkpad

Purchased second hand from a student a BBC: died 3 days after purchase (plus I didn’t have an extended warranty from that student, so I lost out on that one)

Laptop#2: Emachine

Great machine, hinges cracked after day 1

Laptop#3: Emachine (replacement for #2)

Again, great machine, hinges cracked at day 12

Laptop #4: Gateway

Best Buy replaces Emachine with a Gateway with more hard drive space and sweet screen. Plus gave us 3 year warranty for $100. Not bad. Worked well for 2 weeks, then CD-Rom drive fried.

Laptop #5: Gateway (replacement for #4)

This one lasted 3 months…until the hinges cracked.

So right now I need to bring my laptop to a dealer, have them order a new one from Gateway…and quite possibly I might be without it for a while (which is not convenient)

Ok, so I’m done venting..

Roach “the hinge cracker” out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deur said...

time for a mac my friend! although my hinge broke, but it was over three years old... (just in time for the warranty to die!)

get a mac

3:01 PM  
Blogger C-Man said...

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE SD

VIVA LA MAC!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home