Wednesday, January 03, 2007

complaining

A pastor that I admire once said: If you have a problem with this person, and a problem with that person, and a problem with this other person, then maybe your the problem.

Makes me think.

If I get frustrated or irritated with something or someone, can it be justified? can I get frustrated or irritated? Am I free to do that? Is that part of the the deal when Christ came to set us free?

Can compassion ever run out. Should it? Mine is low. Christmas break took alot out (several reasons). Is it possible to be full of compassion for someone for so long despite how they treat you. to take all their abuse and still look at them with love and hope that they will see and receive your love freely. Is it possible to be full of compassion for those people, but then have the source of that compassion, the Father, cut it dry?

I can't figure out if it's me being petty, or the Father saying "ok, Jason, you'd taken it long enough, they've had every opportunity to see it, now it's time to step back, hand them over to their evil desires and move on."

I'm really tore up about this. Prayer would be needed.

Thanks for the compassion in reading this. I receive what I am unable/unwilling to give. You are being Christ to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Arkay said...

You still clicking yer heals together???

11:18 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

absolutely. compassion can run dry, (especially with family members), and i'm quite sure God doesn't look upon those who have endured and become 'fed up' after a long time as people who have lost their sanctification or who are now unholy or 'out of grace.' everybody needs breaks from straining circumstances. we are humans, we get frustrated, even if we have the best intentions to love others. all that to say, it's not worth beating up oneself about. sometimes people suck. since you are questioning your motives and feeling bad about not being able to 'last', God understands and does not judge you for it, I'd guess. If I had to live up to such a high ideal in dealing with 'trying' people, I'd have a nervous breakdown. We have to attempt to love as much as we are able, we don't have to be perfect.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Heather Durkee said...

Wow, what a tough subject. I have been in your place.

I guess just be sensitive to what God is telling you about the situation (which obvioulsy you are...) God also gave us brains and sometimes our intuition is right as well.

I also said a prayer for you.

We miss you both!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,
I have asked God to show me His perspective on "stuff", to help me get outside of myself, to heal my hurts so I am able to minister in the ways that He needs me to...Lots of times it is about my stuff , my reactions , my hurts...in "CRYING OUT" loudly to God and releasing the pain ,I am much more able to go at it " one more time"... just to be, not to react, not to take the "attacks"
personally,to become very aware of how I am feeling,reacting when I am with certian people. and at the same time not get sucked in!!!
I think that there are many times when we need a compassion refill !! He will provide !!!
Great to see both of you. Love to both.
Brenda from B.C. in N.B.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home