Saturday, December 30, 2006

everything is new again...even his mercies

We arrive back in Kansas on Thursday night from our visit to the maritimes with the DeRoche Family. It was good to be home.

As our plane took off from Halifax and ascended into the afternoon sky, I once again was gripped by God's confidence in his creation. He has given us everything.

I am always amazed when I fly, that such a large, heavy hunk of steel, loaded with several people, can fly.

As the distance between us and the ground grew, I found myself pondering on a crash. I know it's back luck to think of such things, but there I was thinking about it. I wasn't afraid. I looked around the plane and wondered if there were others thinking the very same thing. I wondered if they felt the same peace as I.

That being the context, I sit here reflecting on a good friend...a great friend...a blessing from the Father.

4 years at Bethany. The first being very trying, I'm sure. But still she remains faithful. Still she pursues greatness. Still she thirsts for righteousness.

I too thirst, which tells me I have not been drinking from the fount of living water.

Lor/Mitch...I miss coffee and Jesus. I remember the day we sat down and I realized that you got it. My heart lept. My soul rested easy.

Good times. God Times.

I feel new again...bathed in fresh mercies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home