Friday, December 17, 2004

Crashed and Burned into Apathy

For the last week I’ve had nothing to do. I’ve tried to do some reading and writing, but I’ve been completely unmotivated. I did thought get to go spend the day and night with my brother. It was great. I love that guy. We had a great talk too. He’s in a place now where he’s seeking. He’s unsatisfied with the direction of his life and feels like he has no purpose. Let me give you a little background. Jamie (my brother) was severely burned by the church, more specifically people from the a church. So anyway, he’s been rejecting God ever since. He once had faith, but has since lost it. Since Judy and I have been together, he’s been more and more open to spiritual matters. Now that Judy and I are back, he’s really open. It’s quite exciting. I’ve been telling him that I’ve been learning and he says he would have loved to see Watermark in action. Anyway, he’s coming down for a week after Christmas and we’re going to get to hang out a ton, which I hope the conversation will swing around to his future. I think he’d made a great kids pastor. He’s truly gifted in that area, and he has a very big heart, he’s tender and gentle. He’s really a great guy. I can’t wait to for him and I to sit down and reminisce about all the times we beat each other up and argue about who made who do what. Ah.. family!
On a side note, I’m humbled to say I miss the USA. Well, let me specify. I miss fountain pop, G&L, zingers and cheaper gas. But I am glad to be home where being French isn’t a sin.
So to recap, I’ve done nothing productive, and my brother is coming down for a week, I’m French and craving a diet coke. And it’s really cold here…Life is Good.
Roach out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deur said...

Enjoy the lazy days my friend! They are just preparing you for the action packed ones!

Awesome to hear about Jamie.

9:56 PM  
Blogger C-Man said...

roach
the usa misses you as well.
good to hear.
c

10:16 AM  
Blogger Arkay said...

Rest while you can...I can tell a busy is coming real soon. Good to hear about your brother.. sounds like good times.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

"Jamie (my brother) was severely burned by the church, more specifically people from the a church."

Is there a difference between "the church" and "people from the church"? I just had to point that out... you know... we won't let you forget. Repeat after me, Roach. "I AM WATERMARK!"

I wish your brother could have made it down when we thought he was coming. That would've been great. Have a great Christmas! Do they celebrate that in French Canadia??

Being the Church

11:54 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I am the Church! I am watermark!

IN French Canadia we don't in fact celebrate Christmas, we celebrate festivus, not really...but we celebrate Noel. Same difference.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home