Monday, June 28, 2004

Blurred

2 Corinthians 3:18.
Blurred: that's who I was and that is who I am.
C.S. Lewis took a very old story, called metamorphosis, and transformed it into his version called Till We Have Faces. you may have read it, you may not have. Here's the rundown roach style: A beautiful girl is wedded by a god (cupid), who conceles his image from her. He visits her at night and she is forbidden to look upon him.
In the story, at least my take on Lewis' version, Cupid doesn't have a face, at least not to his bride. Until he is seed, he is nothing but a dream, a memory, faded and unknown. Till he has a face, she can never know him, never know him truly.
2 Cor. 3:18 says this: "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."
Blurred. I was blurred. This week at camp, I was caught off guard. I was previously asked by falcon and Fackler to come up with some games for Kaleo Madman Camp this week, so I did. I expected only to be a part of camp, but turned out I was to lead the camp in night games and other events. I was floored and excited. I didn't expect this opportunity, but there it was, like GOd saying : "Here you go, a chance to be a part of the action." It was great. I hadn't lead middle schooler before except for one sunday school lesson, and that was weak. They respondent, with gusto. I had no idea I was like that. I had no idea I could be that energetic and crazy. I had no idea I was able to connect with middleshoolers one on one and in a crowd. I was great.
This is the point.
My image just changed. I have become less blurred. My image has been transformed more into the likeness of Christ, which is what he created me to be. I starting to look more like myself. But at the same time I still don't have a face. And till I have a face, my transformation will not be complete. I will keep "being transformed into his likeness." I was blurred and still am, but with more focus.
Till we have face, we cannot be known, and to be known is to know. To fully know ourselves in Christ is to know Christ. He has hidden his likeness in our image, we are in his, the vine and the branch. with every step we talk in this life, with every move we make with the Almighty creator and lover of our soul, we are revealed more of our faces and this in a reflection see more of the face of God. Be known and know.
Roach out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home